X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big update today, with one problem

161 packages were in the update que. During the update an error occured:
    Err:100 http://archive.neon.kde.org/user xenial/main amd64 dolphin amd64 4:17.04.1-0neon+16.04+build24
    Hash Sum mismatch

E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

:~# sudo apt-get update --fix-missing

:~# sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Preparing to unpack .../dolphin_4%3a17.04.1-0neon+16.04+build24_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking dolphin (4:17.04.1-0neon+16.04+build24) over (4:17.04.0-0neon+16.04+build23) ...

So, after adding "--fix-missing" to the update command, followed by dist-upgrade, the 161 packages downloaded and installed without further problems.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

I've had this problem a couple of times, but I used Discover to update the packages. It seemed to work until today, when Discover conked out on me.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
      I've had this problem a couple of times, but I used Discover to update the packages. It seemed to work until today, when Discover conked out on me.
      What happens when you use the CLI:
      sudo apt update
      sudo apt dist-upgrade

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

I use full-upgrade now. Normally it works fine, but sometimes it says it can't download packages and doesn't go any further. I should have marked down the details, but found that using Discover update notification it usually worked. In the past few days I haven't had any problem. I don't like Discover's update notifier--the graphical information isn't very helpful and the only way I can shut the thing down is by closing it from the taskbar. If I cclick on the X at the top right corner it crashes, along with a couple of other programs.

Comment

. That was my not so good memory at work -- I meant full-upgrade. Or, I could call it a typo, but that's not the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi
            I happened to notice the thread.

Don't know which version is being disucssed but "breakage" just has not happened in the developer edition FOR ME, but then that is "probably" because the updates and upgrades really are shoved out daily, and thus one can "see" a problem fast enough to get it reported.

Seems kind of counter intuitive, because waiting "between" updates should get the problem fixed betwixt and between.

dunno...

woodneverknowssmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Indeed, woodsmoke. I've seen an upgrade problem fixed with another update the same day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X