Update breaks Nvidia-390 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update breaks Nvidia-390 install

This evening, 2/13/21, a 186 pkg update included the 5.11.0.41 kernel. That kernel broke the 390 install, reverting to the nouveau driver for my HD4000 GPU. I didn't bother checking my Python Jupyter or my WINE installs. I ran grub-customizer and set the 5.11.0.38 kernel as the first entry. That put things back to normal and made my GT 650M the GPU for my desktop.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Dec 15, 2021, 02:09 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

I wonder if this really belongs in the 20.04 section? It might be more useful, and visible to more people, since this isn't a Neon issue.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      I wonder if this really belongs in the 20.04 section? It might be more useful, and visible to more people, since this isn't a Neon issue.
      Well, I'm running KDE Neon User Edition and I have no idea if Kubuntu 20.04, or an other release of it, has the 5.11.0.41 kernel in their updates or not. But, it doesn't matter to me. Put the OP where you want it.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

KDE Neon is Ubuntu 20.04, so has the exact same kernel version.
        Just thinking the useful info would help anyone on Kubuntu 20.04, and maybe even 21.04, which also has this kernel.

Comment

Good enough... move the OP and dump the rest of this thread if you want.

Comment

Working...
          X