This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Transitioning from 32GB microdisk to 128GB microdisk

I have a 32GB microdisk that I have been using for years for mini, temporary backups, a convenient layover spot for files that I migrated from Windows to Linux and it also contains two encrypted “vaults.” I just got a new 128GB microdisk to replace it but it is formatted in exfat and my Linux system won’t read it. (The old 32GB drive is Fat32). What file system would be my best bet for getting the most out of the drive but also retaining the ability to read the files that were on it before? I’m guessing I should just go with Fat32 but wanted to run it by folks with more experience than me, in case I’m missing something.

E d
    Last edited by SpecialEd; Apr 03, 2017, 11:32 AM. Reason: for readability
    If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
    ...formatted inexfat and my Linux system won’t read it...
    See
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/37039...-exfat-working

197 upticks suggests (to me, anyway) that it works well. I vaguely recall using exfat-tools once.

This isn't an answer to your question, sorry, in that you've asked for a recommendation. If you want to use the drive on a linux system that you can't install software on, it might be difficult; students run into that problem sometimes.

John Little
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
      See
      http://askubuntu.com/questions/37039...-exfat-working

197 upticks suggests (to me, anyway) that it works well. I vaguely recall using exfat-tools once.

This isn't an answer to your question, sorry, in that you've asked for a recommendation. If you want to use the drive on a linux system that you can't install software on, it might be difficult; students run into that problem sometimes.

John Little
      Thanks John! That is just the ticket. I'm copying files over now, I'll just need to verify my encrypted vaults and I'm good to go.
      If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Working...
      X