This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin has gone nuts!

Nothing has changed on my system and it's completely up-to-date but suddenly today, after I decided to back up some folders, dolphin has got a mind of its own.

Suddenly it started opening new windows in tabs, instead of new windows. I have that set in Dolphin Settings. Tabs belong in browsers not file manglers as far as I'm concerned!

Then settings don't stick between different Dolphin windows! I deleted all Dolphin hidden settings and restarted KDE but there's no change.

Ark is also playing silly buggers and crashed while compressing files!

I'm scratching my head in bewilderment!
    Constant change is here to stay!

Everything is working OK here on my Neon installation. How did you backup those folders, and to where?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I just use Ark to create a Tarball of the folder(s) I want backed up in my Home folder then move it over to an external 2Tb Seagate portable drive.

I might give the Linux version of Peazip a go, the DEB of the latest version is sitting in my Downloads folder!

Comment

I use Ark a lot, and it's been working fine. Never heard of Peazip.

EDIT: And on their website I could not find a pre-built DEB package for it. Got a link?

EDIT-EDIT: Never mind, I found peazip_8.3.0.LINUX.Qt5-1_amd64.deb
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 14, 2021, 10:09 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Did you get the Frameworks update to 5.88? If you did, maybe a reboot is in order?
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            I use Ark a lot, and it's been working fine. Never heard of Peazip.
            https://peazip.github.io/
            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

No update to 5.88 yet. Dolphin is now behaving itself again but Ark is still borking while compressing files.

I couldn't find the DEB for Peazip myself at first. They've hidden it right at the top of the Linux download page!

Comment

BTW, Ark opens a new instance of Dolphin after compression/extraction via Dolphin
                Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Yes, and it's #$%^%& annoying but today it hasn't finished any compression!

Comment

Working...
                  X