This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker icon in system tray is missing

When I want to adjust the volume while playing a video or a game my goto method was to use the mouse wheel hovered over the speaker icon in the system tray. Rolling the wheel up or down changed the volume up or down.

This morning I noticed that there was no speaker icon (audio icon) in the system tray.
    The solution is to install "plasma-pa" and then log out and log back in.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

A solution to what?
    This is a stock part of plasma, so something happened, or was done, to your system to cause plasma-pa to be removed.
    Unless one is running the Testing or Unstable track, maybe, where things can be unstable, maybe?

Comment

The solution to not having the speaker icon (audio) in the system tray, as I pointed out.
      And, yes, on my KDE Neon User Edition I installed plasma-pa on 10/21, along with pulseaudio and pulsaudio-utils.
      It was upgraded on 10/27 and during a 141 pkg update it got uninstalled, on 10/30, but I never noticed. I re-installed it on 11/12.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

I wonder why it was removed for you?

It does not seem to have happened to anyone else as far as I have seen, definitely not on any of my three systems.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          I wonder why it was removed for you?

It does not seem to have happened to anyone else as far as I have seen, definitely not on any of my three systems.
          Makes me wonder too. In addition to the 141 updates I also installed Cuneiform and some other OCR software and and text-to-speech software pulled in gstreamer and libcanaberra stuff. But all's working well now.

Comment

Working...
          X