Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why there is no Okular in Kubuntu 16.10 ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why there is no Okular in Kubuntu 16.10 ?

I tried "kubuntu-16.10-desktop-amd64.iso" - there is no Okular preinstalled. Why such decision ?

Okular was/is one of the few main applications that has not had it's full Qt5/KF5 port released yet, and as such as I recall it was pulling in Qt4 based dependencies that was messing with the .iso build. So regrettably, and hopefuly as a one off fix for 16.10, that had to be dropped from the iso.
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Okular from kde4 can still be installed and works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sasha View Post
        Indeed it does. It was purely an issue with spinning the iso.
        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by sasha View Post
          Running 16.04 I noticed that Okular wasn't in the menu system so I used muon to install it. No complaints. Never bothered to check if it was KDE4 or KDE5, nor did I bother to see how many KDE4 libs and apps were in the base install of 16.04 and how many of those files and apps were pulled in by installing apps like Okular. As it is /usr/lib/kde4 and /usr/share/kde4 are loaded.... kgpg, kate, k3b, digicam, desktopthemes, amarok and several more. I could have the entire KDE4 desktop installed for all I know!
          As long as it all works I don't care.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X