This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make the week start on monday in korganizer

So I'm using the user edition of KDE neon, and I have an annoying locale problem.

I'm in Australia, and my locale is set accordingly.
    Every Australian I know uses weeks starting on Mondays, but for whatever reason, KOrganizer starts the week on Sunday in spite of my locale settings.
    I'm pretty sure it used to be possible (in older KDE versions) to set the starting day manually in the KOrganizer settings, but that option, if it was ever there, doesn't exist anymore.

The only solution I can find now is to change the locale format in "regional settings" in system settings, but so far all the locales I've tried that use Monday-starting weeks also use 24 hour time, and I want 12 hour time.

Can anyone help me? It's ridiculous that there isn't a way to change this manually, imo.
    "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

Starting on Sunday is a quasi "european / U.S." thing.....and the app was probably "mostly" made by people from those regions or regions that use that situation.

Probably it is "well, that is the way EVERYBODY ( unstated "that I know" ) does it".

I'll fiddle around but don't know that there is such a setting,

HOWEVER there a lot of people a lot smarter than the old woodsmoker and I'm sure that someone will pop in...it may be a simple change in a script.

woodsmoke

ADDENDUM:

This MAY be a fallout of what was being complained about a year or so ago, that KDE has "simplified stuff too much"

Yes this is an older image but, there was the EXACT same question asked back in 2009

And the answer was in this image which does, indeed, have the option to change the first day of the week:

The discussion is that this is "a bug" but i rather think not, it is probably a "design decision".

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?t=61579

NOW..........given that.....it "may" be that if one changes several different settings about where one is, possibly DO NOT use "Australia English" but one of the other languages in the Australia - languages settings,

AND it may be that one needs to change several settings like that...

or not...

sorry that I can't be more help.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Oct 17, 2016, 02:06 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I found this on AskUbuntu:
      The best solution for me is to do this on a per-user basis in my own home directory. That way I don't have to edit a system-wide file. (Of course if you want this setting for all of the users on your system you are obviously forced to edit system files.)
      What I do is edit the file ~/.xsessionrc to contain the line "export LC_TIME=en_GB.utf8". That's it.

shareimprove this answer edited Feb 2 '12 at 18:14

answered Oct 19 '11 at 14:07

Victor 375412
      (Cited from http://askubuntu.com/questions/6016/...et/69288#69288)
      Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 17, 2016, 07:27 PM. Reason: Add URL containing the cited information
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

SEE! I said that somebody smarter than me would come along!

lol

woodjustlovestowatchsmartpeopledostuffsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

lol! thanks greygreek, I don't have an ~/.xsessionrc file, should I just create one?
          "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

Comment

The problem with the cited information is that 1) it's for Ubuntu, not Kubuntu, and 2) it's an answer from 2012. I also don't have an .xsessionrc file on my KDE neon installation; it has been deprecated since
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by dbaker View Post
              lol! thanks greygreek, I don't have an ~/.xsessionrc file, should I just create one?
              What Snowhog says it true. There used to be an .xsession file under the home account in Kubuntu the last time I checked, which was I don't know how many years ago. I never noticed that it was no longer present. However, that file, if it existed, would be called by /etc/X11/Xsession, a script called by /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc. So, putting the file in your home account (note that it begins with a ".") and adding that line shouldn't hurt anything. You'll have to reboot to activate it. If it doesn't change anything then delete it. No harm, no foul.

Other than that I know of no other way to change the first day of the week. IMO, it is a regression to remove the settings capability that Woody's image demonstrated, and what I thought was still present, until I went looking for it after I saw your post.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
              X