This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] neon or not neon

how to check which version is installed?

Just launch kinfocenter.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Or:

Code:
      sam@T440s:~$ cat /etc/issue.net
      KDE neon 5.7
      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Thank you very much. A look in /etc/issue.net shows me that: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS...

I did ask because I did start with a very small netinstall and add KDE through taksel and can't remember which option I did mark (somewhat with "full" in the comment; they were diverses options...).

Is KDE making a starting up report as Linux does on the screen?

Is the report text available after start to check it?

Where may I find both, Ubuntu starting up report text and KDE starting up report text to look for eventually errors (reason of my ask: I use a fast (so it is difficult to read the starting up messages) DELL laptop but the battery is not really good. As I don't move the place with the laptop, the net power is enough. But it is external, I sometimes forget to connect it with the effect that the DELL laptop doesn't quit properly but directly crashes the session... And sometimes divers "nodes" are not available any more after restart... I would like to see which ones were defected by the power crash).

Comment

Ksysmonitor
          In a Konsole:
          dmesg
          systemctl
          Journalctl

Use man to see their options
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
            X