This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] FireFox and Thunderbird

Will these items install and run? I'm heavily ingrained with these two more than anything else.

Firefox 'yes'; I run the Developer Edition (I think ); don't know about Thunderbird; I don't use it.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Well, it (FF) is on the User LiveCD. Seems to be running well. Like the smooth boot and how well Neon seems to run as a live CD. I may just install this in place of Kubuntu. I'm torn now.
      Neon really seems to run really well.

If I do, what folders do I need to rename in my Home folder to keep the Kubuntu configs from causing issues? Local? I'm on 16.04.

Comment

Well, if I were YOU and I had the space on my /home partition, I would, when installing KDE neon, specifiy a new username, say, in your case, MoonRiseneon, so that you end up with two user accounts; one for use with Kubuntu and the other for use with KDE neon.

I am assuming correctly, yes, that you would install KDE neon in its own, separate, root partition?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No, unfortunately space for one or the other and my /home is on it's own hard drive. I'm still mulling this over. I'm really liking this live CD. It's the smoothest one I've used in a while out of many!

I wonder how the ole ASUS would do?

Comment

OK. I'm doing this. I hate to move off Kubuntu but the stability I've seen in the live disk I hope is indicative of how KDE Neon will preform on this machine.

Will report back.

Comment

Thunderbird runs great!!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                Thunderbird runs great!!

That's great news! I'm stuck on T-Bird myself at least until next year when Kube goes out of beta
                ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                K*Digest Blog
                K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                X