This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

program to see face tags

So far I can write and read (get) image face tags only with Digikam: Gwenview is not able to show them.
    Do you know if there is a way to show (not edit) face tags with a fast viewer (like Gwenview, I mean).
    Thank you!

I *think* that sort of data would have to be embedded in the image file itself, for it to be usable on a ';fast' viewer. Applications like Digikam, and whatever subsystem it is using for face recognition, is storing this in a database, I believe. You should be able to add the tags to the files, but I am not sure where. I will look mat this later, as this reminds me I never set up Digikam since my last install. Been a little while.

Comment

If you enable the information panel in dolphin, does it show you the tags you're interested in?
      Regards, John Little

Comment

The face recognition does not embed any tags in the files themselves, or at least I don't think it does.

Comment

Originally posted by jduns View Post
          So far I can write and read (get) image face tags only with Digikam: Gwenview is not able to show them.
          Do you know if there is a way to show (not edit) face tags with a fast viewer (like Gwenview, I mean).
          Thank you!
          Isn't Showfoto Digikam's lightweight photo viewing / editing app? I know it used to be. If so, it'd be worth a look. I do see it's still in the repos.

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/digik...showfoto-about
          ​"Keep it between the ditches"
          K*Digest Blog
          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
          X