This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.1.1 - Improvements?

Well..Updated to KDE4.1.1. All appears the same. Nothing new that I can find. Stability I hope. At least this time my upgrade didn't force me to delete my KDE4 directory. Still have the start sound that stops playing after 2/3 seconds after logging in. Give it the rest of the day and into tomorrow and let's see what pans out.

Re: KDE 4.1.1 - Improvements?

> KDE 4.1.1 Release Announcement
    > Changes in KDE 4.1.1
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Yep.. Just finished reading those. None of those ever seemed to plague me. As I said. Lets see what pans out. Also, I found that KDESUDO still does not work when using Alt-F2 -- "Command Not Found". I still have to specify the path directly

Comment

Also, I found that KDESUDO still does not work when using Alt-F2 -- "Command Not Found". I still have to specify the path directly
        Is this Hardy or Intrepid ?

Here, with the Intrepid i have to use kdesudo twice. That is, if i try to start kate with the root rights (kdesudo kate) => empty non-workable kate screen. Second try (usually) is successful. So it is easier to use gksu/gksudo .

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

With Adept Manager, I click it in the KMenu>System menu, and the password dialog pops up. I fill in my password and then the dialog disappears, and there's no further response. So I click Adept Manager again, and it runs straight out, and seems to work correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131
            Also, I found that KDESUDO still does not work when using Alt-F2 -- "Command Not Found". I still have to specify the path directly
            Is this Hardy or Intrepid ?

Here, with the Intrepid i have to use kdesudo twice. That is, if i try to start kate with the root rights (kdesudo kate) => empty non-workable kate screen. Second try (usually) is successful. So it is easier to use gksu/gksudo .

Hardy KDE4 remix. Been that way from day 1 up to KDE 4.1.1.

Comment

Well I've noticed that my KMenu now stays at the set Hight and Width after you make adjustments and log off and log back in. That's really nice. Hated having to always readjust the menu. One gripe down.

Decided to leave KRandRTray running when logging off and back on. That band-aided the problem of not getting the resolution I want when Logging on after a cold start or reboot. I still would prefer that X could be modified to let me set one res. and one res. only like I had in the past. Oh well, at least this keeps me from having to continually going to Display Settings on Log In.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
                (...)
                Hardy KDE4 remix. Been that way from day 1 up to KDE 4.1.1.
                This is a known issue that is not going to be fixed in Hardy. It is because the kde4 binaries are not stored in the usual location (to avoid conflicts with the kde3 binaries). kdesudo doesn't know to look in that location, and making it look there would be a security issue apparently.

Comment

Well, I guess that answers that! Thanks!

Comment

I forgot to mention that in Intrepid this isn't an issue, as kde4 is the only version installed and it is in the usual location.

Comment

On Hardy, my SuperKaramba no longer work through the plasma interface... anyone else?

Comment

No. I still have Super Karamba going through that without issue.

As far as II, I did know that it worked there. Just wished they had thought of that and had something for HH. Doesn't matter though. Once II is out, I'll be upgrading. Hope they provide an upgrade path for HH KDE4 remix users.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
                          No. I still have Super Karamba going through that without issue...
                          The weird thing about it, it was working, but then I logged out to check out kde-nightly, and when i came back they were broken... so perhaps some got broke between the two.

Uggh. My current install is a feisty -> hardy remix, with all sorts of amarok/kde nightly junk mixed in... I think i might need to just burn this whole system and start over from scratch. :P

Comment

Working...
                          X