Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] HELP!!! Broken System-Lost on How to Fix! The particulars in the post.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP!!! Broken System - Lost on How to Fix!!! The particulars in the post.

Wish mine worked like that. I guess the only solution will be a fresh install.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise

I guess the only solution will be a fresh install.
      Don't be in too much of a hurry ....

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...e4/+bug/243062

Probably that explains the Plasma problems, and maybe other issues.

Comment

I guess I'll give that a try and see. If it says "Already Installed" I will re-install and see. Can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
          Hey guys ........

On the up side samba shares are working again

Anyway there seems to be a little bit of work left here and I am still lovin' it
          You can actually get to a Kubuntu Share from another Kubuntu and/or Linux based OS? I can get to the point of seeing the Share, but when trying to see the files in the share, it will not authenticate my UserName. I know I'm using the correct PW and have even reset it numerous times. Every time I enter those it shows the same screen as if I used the wrong Password and/or UserName. Windows to the Kubuntu Share works great. UN and PW function properly.

Comment

Thanks Dibl!!!!!

That link lead me to a whole mess of things that didn't install. Why? Have no idea. Those should install all by default!

Now, from the short testing I've done. BUENO!!! MUY BUENO!! I like this. Still can't get my personal KDE Desktop Loading Splash working but we'll see on that latter. Right now I'm thrilled to have my Desktop Back!

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] HELP!!! Broken System-Lost on How to Fix! The particulars in the post.

Good you got some productive capability back.

Just don't try to run Compiz! It breaks my display (hard freezup) -- so, we're waiting. :P

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] HELP!!! Broken System-Lost on How to Fix! The particulars in the post.

Been doing everything else, even KDE's Desktop Effects. Was getting ready to test compiz when I saw your post about it. I'll wait. I just got everything back. Even my keyboard shortcuts work now . Alt-F2 is still somewhat buggy when trying to use kdesudo though. Thought they'd at least fixed that. All in All Beta 2 really steps KDE4 up a notch. Truthfully, I prefer this over KDE3.5.9 now. This has turned into a really great OS Desktop!

Comment

Working...
                X