• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Make a Fully Customized Live KDE CD/DVD Using Kubuntu

HowtoForge > How To Make A Fully Customized KDE Live CD/DVD Using Kubuntu
    and
    KDE-Look.org > How To Make a Fully Customized Live KDE

Description:
    These are text files for making a complete customized Kubuntu based Live CD/DVD. The How To File is in odt format (OpenOffice and KOffice should have no problems opening it. It was made using OprnOffice.)

The is the first release of this info so let me know
    Consist of download; 82785-Custom _Kubuntu.tar.gz:
    BaseBuild
    Customize_Kubuntu_How_To.odt
    kdmrc
    sources.list

Customize_Kubuntu_How_To.odt tells:
    How To Make a Fully Customized Live KDE CD/DVD Using Kubuntu

By Shaun C Marolf (technoshaun)

Introduction:

There are tools available to allow anyone to create and distribute a completely customized Ubuntu Based distribution using the Gnome Desktop. Many Kubuntu users would like to do the same thing but such tools are not fully compatible with KDE and the Kiosk tool does not change or remove all of the Kubuntu defaults so that a program like Remastersys can create a customized ISO with the defined changes.

This How To is designed to address these issues and allow those interested in creating their own customized distribution based on Kubuntu. Many thanks to Jamie “Boo” Birse from LinuxMint for giving me a copy of his developer notes, which without, this how to could not have been created. “Boo” is the KDE Guru at LinuxMint and is responsible for the KDE Community Editions. Because The LinuxMint KDE CE distribution is based on Kubuntu his developer notes were extremely helpful...
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Re: How To Make a Fully Customized Live KDE

This will be very interesting - I will give it a try - just for my use only.

Comment

Working...
    X