X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re-open - KDE4 kmenu change

Originally posted by Funnyname
    Looks like I am being forced to change to KDE4 when 8.10 comes out. The reason I dislike Ver.4 right now is the menu. I like a narrow simple menu. Not one that has to breakout, slide in and hide what I am looking for. When I set up the XP machines at work, I always slim down the menu.

How is this done in ver.4. I have played in LiveCDs and virtual windows and can not find a setting for this. For me if this can be solved I will move to ver.4. Better to get use to it now than forced over to it in October.

Thanks for any input or suggestions in this.
    I just right clicked on the K menu, selected "Classic" styl menu, and was good to go....

torp
    IBM m55e<br />3GB DDR<br />360 GB HD<br />Kubuntu 8.04<br />Samsung HT-P4254

Comment

Either that or put all of your most used apps on the panel (what is it there for?) and the rest of the apps you use frequently in favorites.
      That way you have the ones you use most at a click and the ones you need sometimes at two clicks. If you have a lot in favorites change the height of the kmenu
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Just replying to this because it was the first return I found when I Goggled changing to the old menu. I found the right click on the Kmenu icon "Switch to Classic Menu Style" worked.
        I also had the add widget problem where it was added to the right side of the panel. I had to right click the panel > panel options > panel settings. I was then able to move each widget to where I wanted it (and return the Kmenu icon to the left side). Hope this helps someone searching like I was.
        Now I love KDE4 (with classic menu).
        Speak the gospel of (K)Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
        X