This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to sweeten desktop visuals

Hey guys im lookging into superkaramba or Baghira.... which one is better... and also i think i saw it possible that your bottom taskbar you can point over the icon and it will zoom in/enlarge like in mac os? Please help me with the decision, and how to install..... also any helpful ideas on what widgets/themes i can add after i pick one will be most useful! and that one feature i talked about would be key. All help is appreciated. Thanks! i am new to this!

Re: Best way to sweeten desktop visuals

Hello Mr SegaSaturnX

This is just a personal view of things

I have used Superkaramba and they have some wonderful themes and bits and pieces that you can use. Once you install and run it, it is so easy to obtain and install new things. Give it a try. When you run it, just click on "New Stuff" and you can find all sorts of good things to try.

Hope this was some help.

Cheers

Lowey
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

SuperKaramba is great. Go for it.

It's even extremely easy to write plugins for Karamba.

Comment

ok, can you please tell me how to get that desired effect of the lower taskbar being transparent and when i highlight it with the mouse it zooms in, or something like that. Please let me know what to download and how to install. Thanks..... i already have superkaramba now i just need the widget i guess?

Comment

To make the taskbar transparent, Right Click on the taskbar and click "Configure Panel". You can do things there.

Cheers

Lowey
          I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

The "zooming" a-la MacOS is most lkely from a replacement taskbar called KXDocker
            http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=10958

Comment

just threw KXDocker in to give you a look. it is fairly configurable and it is more than likely the docker that you are looking for...

[img width=400 height=320]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/redfoxq7/snapshot1.png[/img]

Comment

I'm not a fan of Superkaramba. When I'm using it I find my laptop seems to be laboring constantly and gets very hot. I think it's too much of a drain on resources. Also it crashes occasionally and freezes the whole system. I liked gdesklets under Gnome, but I'm living without all that now.
                Linux user #387890

Comment

Can you plz help me install it.. I dont even know which one I'm suppose to should download. TIA

Comment

Working...
                  X