This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dorking

What is dorking? Using advanced search engine techniques to obtain specific information on the web, as explained here.
    There are specialty tools, like the "GitHub Search" using Python3. And here. You can even create your own!

Not all search engines are equal. Here is how doue search engines compare for some specific Dorks. Google, DDG, Yahoo and Bing
    cache:[url] Shows the version of the web page from the search engine?s cache.
    related:[url] Finds web pages that are similar to the specified web page.
    info:[url] Presents some information that Google has about a web page, including similar pages, the cached version of the page, and sites linking to the page.
    site:[url] Finds pages only within a particular domain and all its subdomains.
    intitle:[text] or allintitle:[text] Finds pages that include a specific keyword as part of the indexed title tag. You must include a space between the colon and the query for the operator to work in Bing.
    allinurl:[text] Finds pages that include a specific keyword as part of their indexed URLs.
    meta:[text] Finds pages that contain the specific keyword in the meta tags.
    filetype:[file extension] Searches for specific file types.
    intext:[text], allintext:[text], inbody:[text] Searches text of page. For Bing and Yahoo the query is inbody:[text]. For DuckDuckGo the query is intext:[text]. For Google either intext:[text] or allintext:[text] can be used.
    inanchor:[text] Search link anchor text
    location:[iso code] or loc:[iso code], region:[region code] Search for specific region. For Bing use location:[iso code] or loc:[iso code] and for DuckDuckGo use region:[iso code].An iso location code is a short code for a country for example, Egypt is eg and USA is us. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
    contains:[text] Identifies sites that contain links to filetypes specified (i.e. contains: pdf)
    altloc:[iso code] Searches for location in addition to one specified by language of site (i.e. pt-us or en-us)
    feed:[feed type, i.e. rss] Find RSS feed related to search term
    hasfeed:[url] Finds webpages that contain both the term or terms for which you are querying and one or more RSS or Atom feeds.
    ip:[ip address] Find sites hosted by a specific ip address
    language:[language code] Returns websites that match the search term in a specified language
    book:[title] Searches for book titles related to keywords
    maps:[location] Searches for maps related to keywords
    linkfromdomain:[url] Shows websites whose links are mentioned in the specified url (with errors)
    Below is a Google cheat sheet. The icon frowns are ":" and "[" adjacent to each other.

Google dork cheat sheet

Search filters
    allintext
    Searches for occurrences of all the keywords given.
    allintext:"keyword"
    intext
    Searches for the occurrences of keywords all at once or one at a time.
    intext:"keyword"
    inurl
    Searches for a URL matching one of the keywords.
    inurl:"keyword"
    allinurl
    Searches for a URL matching all the keywords in the query.
    allinurl:"keyword"
    intitle
    Searches for occurrences of keywords in title all or one.
    intitle:"keyword"
    allintitle
    Searches for occurrences of keywords all at a time.
    allintitle:"keyword"
    site
    Specifically searches that particular site and lists all the results for that site.
    site:"www.google.com"
    filetype
    Searches for a particular filetype mentioned in the query.
    filetype:"pdf"
    link
    Searches for external links to pages.
    link:"keyword"
    numrange
    Used to locate specific numbers in your searches.
    numrange:321-325
    before/after
    Used to search within a particular date range.
    filetype: pdf & (before:2000-01-01 after:2001-01-01)
    allinanchor (and also inanchor)
    This shows sites which have the keyterms in links pointing to them, in order of the most links.
    inanchor:rat
    allinpostauthor (and also inpostauthor)
    Exclusive to blog search, this one picks out blog posts that are written by specific individuals.
    allinpostauthor:"keyword"
    related
    List web pages that are "similar" to a specified web page.
    related:www.google.com
    cache
    Shows the version of the web page that Google has in its cache.
    cache:www.google.com
    Examples
    intext:"Nina Simone intitle:I Put A Spell On You (mp4|mp3|avi|flac|aac|ape|ogg) -inurljsp|php|html|aspx|htm|cf|shtml|lyrics-realm|mp3-collection) -site:.info
    Bill Gates intitle:Microsoft (pdf|txt|epub|doc|docx) -inurl:
    "Windows XP Professional"
    (intext:"confidential salary" | intext:"budget approved") inurl:confidential
    ext: (doc | pdf | xls | txt | ps | rtf | odt | sxw | psw | ppt | pps | xml) (intext:confidential salary | intext:"budget approved") inurl:confidential

Operators

Search Term

This operator searches for the exact phrase within speech marks only. This is ideal when the phrase you are using to search is ambiguous and could be easily confused with something else, or when you're not quite getting relevant enough results back. For example:
    "Tinned Sandwiches"

OR

This self explanatory operator searches for a given search term OR an equivalent term.
    site:facebook.com | site:twitter.com

AND

site:facebook.com & site:twitter.com

Operators combination

(site:facebook.com | site:twitter.com) & intext:"login"
    (site:facebook.com | site:twitter.com) (intext:"login")

Include results

This will order results by the number of occurrence of the keyword.
    -site:facebook.com +site:facebook.*

Exclude results

site:facebook.* -site:facebook.com

Synonyms

Adding a tilde to a search word tells Google that you want it to bring back synonyms for the term as well. For example, entering "~set" will bring back results that include words like "configure", "collection" and "change" which are all synonyms of "set".
    Fun fact: "set" has the most definitions of any word in the dictionary.

~setGlob pattern (*)

Putting an asterisk in a search tells Google "I don't know what goes here". Basically, it's really good for finding half remembered song lyrics or names of things.
    site:*.com
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 07, 2021, 01:14 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

And I thought Dorking was a town in Surrey, near Box Hill which I used to cycle to in a past life...
    Regards, John Little

Comment

I thought dorking was whatever activity I performed as a kid that caused me to break my glasses and require tape and epoxy to fix. Again.

the 'site:' cheat is 1000000337% more handy than using a forum's built-in search tool, usually.

Comment

If only google had full regex support...

Comment

Working...
        X