Wallpaper Slideshow Howto in Kubuntu 23.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallpaper Slideshow Howto in Kubuntu 23.10

I upgraded to Kubuntu kde 23.10 and could not remember howto set up my desktop wallpaper slideshow and after many a google search gave up looking as all the info said I needed to install a slideshow program but I was sure you could just set it up from within Kubuntu itself with jsut a few clicks ..... and I finally found it hidden in plain sight LOL ...... so whether or not this is useless information or not here goes,,,,,

go to:

Kubuntu 23.10

System settings>workspace behavour>screen locking>appearance>configure>wallpaper type = select slideshow you can add a folder of your favourite wallpapers and adjust to time of change

Last edited by oldfart; Nov 03, 2023, 10:16 AM.

You can do the same thing for your actual desktop wallpaper as well, so both can match.

If one has multiple monitors, you can have separate desktop slideshows on each, or have static on one with slides on the other(s). This is my preferred setup.
    There doesn't seem to be a way to do this per-monitor on the lock-screen slideshow.
    I know, that is probably asking too much

Comment

Thanks Claydoh as you have just pointed out that I have not changed my desktop wallpaper to be a slideshow LOL which is what I thought I had accomplished so back to the searching,,,,,,

Comment

Working...
      X