This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
    Really odd though as I haven't seen updates to Conky and those started after other updates. Yeah, conky autostart problematic here too but as stated, only recently after system updates.
    Yeah - I don't understand what's so complicated about this one.
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

Well, that conky issue started again and I started seeing a pattern. Starting conky with the -d option did help some but not quite. It is what helped me see the pattern.

What the issue was is this is a laptop and I had conky set to monitor the Battery. For whatever reason that was causing it to fault and close out. I have had conky on for a week with no issues since commenting that out. Wonder if that is isolated to my machine or something indicative to conky and that part of it's commands.

Comment

I'm doing battery monitoring on three machines with no issues.

Can you share the line you commented out? I'd really like to see if there's anything weird in it. Here's mine -

Code:
        # battery indicator. battery bar turns yellow or red depending on battery percentage.
        #
        ${color1}${voffset -10}battery:${alignr}${battery_percent}%
        ${color0}${if_match ${battery_percent} <= 99}${color8}${endif}\
        ${if_match ${battery_percent} <= 10}${color9}${endif}${battery_bar 7,200}
        ${alignc}${battery_time}
        -- anais nin

Comment

It's a bunch of IF statements because I share the RC file with systems with internal batteries or attached to an APC UPS.

Code:
          ##${if_match "${apcupsd_name}" == "N/A"}
          ##${alignc}Laptop Battery
          ##${else}
          ##${apcupsd localhost 3551}${alignc}${apcupsd_name}
          ##${endif}
          #
          ##${voffset -30}${color #72D5A3}Battery Status:${color }${alignr}${battery BAT1}
          ##${alignr}${battery_percent BAT1}%
          ##${else}
          ##${voffset -30}${color #72D5A3}Battery Charge:${color }${alignr}${apcupsd_charge}%
          ##${endif}
          #
          ##${voffset -30}${color #72D5A3}${alignr}
          ##${else}
          ##${voffset -30}${color #72D5A3}Line Voltage:${color }${alignr}${apcupsd_linev}v
          ##${endif}
          #
          ##${voffset -30}${color #72D5A3}${alignr}
          ##${else}
          ##${voffset -30}${color #72D5A3}UPS Status:${color }${alignr}${apcupsd_status}
          ##${endif}

Comment

If you start conky from a terminal it should tell you what's making it choke - or you could tee the output into a text file if you wanted. Only thing that I see at first glance is default apcupsd port is already 3551 so specifying the port is probably not necessary but that certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

Gonna share my two favorite conky references; maybe you can find an answer in there. I have both of these bookmarked because they're excellent

casey's conky reference

conky pitstop tips and tricks

enjoy!
            -- anais nin

Comment

Thanks! I'll review those.

Comment

Working...
              X