This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Focuswriter

I've posted about Focuswriter a long time ago but I guess Matilda swept it under the rug down on level 7.

Focuswriter is a "distraction free" writing environment.

The deb is in the repos.

It really is not intended to be anywhere near a "full featured" writing app such as in Calligra or LO.

I use it when I kind of need to do "stream of consciousness" writing.......

It just gives one a "screen" with an autohide panel at the top with some basic editing features.

It is "themeable" Themes which one can download, extract and then import using the themes button.

However see further down about just doing your own.

If one just does a search for images of Focuswriter one can see the plethora of mods that people have made.

Once can also change the "foreground"........a semitransparent, or transparent panel, and the text color etc.

When one opens the theme there is an image built in if one clicks the image then it takes one to the file structure and one can insert whatever image one pleases.

I really don't think that one should change the original theme, because it really has been customized to be totally "neutral".

AND ONE CANNOT RESET IT to the original.

I'd maybe download an extra theme from the linky and change that theme.

Anyway......... for the writers out there.

If there are any questions, please ask.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Jan 29, 2015, 05:46 AM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Nice application. I installed it.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X