X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to add a new Picture in the KDE desktop

( resolved )Hello ,
    I would like to propose insert my own wallpaper picture in the list of KDE desktop . Can you tell me how I can make that ?
    Many thanks for the reply , regard @ + jibel : Rolleyes:
    Last edited by jibel; Apr 10, 2013, 03:25 PM.

Right click on an empty part of your desktop and choose Desktop Settings.

At the bottom-right of the window that will have just opened, next to the Get New Wallpapers button you will see an Open button. Click that, then navigate the filesystem to find the image file that you want to add.
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

You could also store your wallpapers in /usr/share/wallpapers This is where the Desktop Settings program automatically looks for wallpapers.

Comment

-how-to-add-a-new-Picture-in-the-KDE

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
        Right click on an empty part of your desktop and choose Desktop Settings.

At the bottom-right of the window that will have just opened, next to the Get New Wallpapers button you will see an Open button. Click that, then navigate the filesystem to find the image file that you want to add.
        Hi , I thing you don't have understanding my question , I repeat I have a own picture and I would like to insert her in the "Kubuntu default desktop" choice wallpaper
        I don't have a problem when I install an other wallpaper, just I want to put my own picture in the Kubuntu desktop wallpaper , Can you tell if it's possible ?
        regards .....see you soon .....Jibel

Comment

Originally posted by jibel View Post
          Hi , I thing you don't have understanding my question , I repeat I have a own picture and I would like to insert her in the "Kubuntu default desktop" choice wallpaper
          I don't have a problem when I install an other wallpaper, just I want to put my own picture in the Kubuntu desktop wallpaper , Can you tell if it's possible ?
          regards .....see you soon .....Jibel
          Hmm, I still don't understand what you want to do.
          sigpic
          "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
          -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
            Hmm, I still don't understand what you want to do.
            @HalationEffect ,
            I wonder if it is possible that I can put my own pictures in the list of wallpapers Kubuntu? It's just my question. I saw that people had made it to put their photo in this list? So that users take newone pictures! I hope now that you will understand the meaning of my question?Because a have some problem to do from my pictures folder a copy/paste to the wallpaper application..... sorry for my bad english , see you soon

Comment

Please re-read whatthefunk's answer, copy (or link!) your picture into /usr/share/wallpapers

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                Please re-read whatthefunk's answer, copy (or link!) your picture into /usr/share/wallpapers
                I do that ! without succes......

Here is a screenshoot for explain what I desire , on the left side is the walpaper list ! Yes or no? And it's at this place I want to place my picture not with usr/share/ ect..
                because I have a trouble shooting with my copy/paste , no function correctly.....When I make that the picture on the monitor screen became trouble not clear !.......... Can you tell me Where & how I can do it that? That's it ? It's not to difficult to understand that, I think ? I make an effort to wrote in english my explanation more/less correctly
                If you can't understanding now , sorry I go to a Kubuntu french forum , may be I have a rigth respons

Comment

Yes there seems to be a language problem, your English is sufficient but we're trying to address something very specific.

Because a picture is worth a thousand words I now understand what you want to do, I also searched and found xivona's picture (use the search-term boyfriend..!) and when I press the Install button it does just that, the screen shot of her Christmas picture is added to the list of available wallpapers.
                  There is something broken with this set of pictures, it seems the publisher wants direct contact and money before you are going to get the whole set...

Comment

Many thanks Teunis for your help , I resign to stopped this , no problem , it's not really important finally ...See you next times ...may be ,regards

Comment

Bonne nuit et à la prochaine!

Comment

Working...
                      X