Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: How to upgrade from 8.10 to 9.04?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: How to upgrade from 8.10 to 9.04?

Hello,

I just built my first new computer (quite proud of myself ) and i am currently running Kubuntu 8.10 (AMD 64Bit) with KDE4.2. (and dual boot with XP)

Im still very new to Kubuntu, my question is now that 9.04 is out i want to upgrade, however i would prefer not to do a fresh install.

How do i go about upgrading to 9.04?

Also is it necessary to reformat to EXT4? or can i leave it with EXT3 and upgrade Kubuntu.

Thanks in advance

Dan
    • [li]ASUS M3N78-VM Motherboard[/li][li]AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Ed.[/li][li]WD 640GB HDD[/li][li]Corsair XMS2 4GB RAM[/li][li]LG DVR+RW[/li][li]Kubuntu 8.10 64bit & XP Home[/li]

Re: Question: How to upgrade from 8.10 to 9.04?

Congratulations! I remember the feeling (the stress ) when I first pushed the power button on my first computer and that all worked fine.

I have Kubuntu 8.10 too and an upgrade notification has just appeared today in the taskbar. So I guess all we need to do is to click on it to upgrade. But you may prefer to try 9.04 on a virtual machine first, to stay on the safe side. I downloaded the iso today and it runs fine and smooth on VirtualBox right now. Then I plan to test the live cd first before upgrading.

Also you can keep ext3.
    Configuration:<br />Kubuntu 9.04<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 - Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R - 4x1024 Corsair DDR2-6400 - ATI Radeon HD4850

Comment

Re: Question: How to upgrade from 8.10 to 9.04?

Thanks for the advice!

Have a great day!
      • [li]ASUS M3N78-VM Motherboard[/li][li]AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Ed.[/li][li]WD 640GB HDD[/li][li]Corsair XMS2 4GB RAM[/li][li]LG DVR+RW[/li][li]Kubuntu 8.10 64bit &amp; XP Home[/li]

Comment

Working...
      X