This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A list for the more "experienced" Linux users

Let me first say that if you are new to Linux, these should not be tried until you are more familiar.
    I found this today and it has a lot of really good stuff for security, customization, better boot times, etc.
    http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/09/30...#comment-10296
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Re: A list for the more &quot;experienced&quot; Linux users

Interesting.
    What first caught my attention is the comment by P. Vadim: "Please blacklist the Ultamatix link, asap."
    There's some folks here who would agree with that.

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike

"Please blacklist the Ultamatix link, asap."
      +1

Comment

Yeah, I would stay away from that one also.
        But some of the other stuff on there is pretty good.
        &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Thank You for that link, CVPunk, that is an interesting site.

I don't know if anyone else looked at the poll there, "What is Your Primary Desktop Environment?"

I find it interesting that 56% use Gnome, and 26% use KDE.... and that includes me.

Comment

Working...
          X