This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing kicker with solution

I had some kicker trouble but I was able to get it fixed - I didn't find the answer here, so I thought I would add it in case someone else finds that their kicker is disappearing after boot up. It may not be the most elegant solution but hey, it worked!

Symptom: After bootup and login the kicker loads and then hides at the bottom of the display, but it cannot be brought back up. If I went into recovery mode, as root, the kicker ran very nicely.

Possible Cause: This behavior started right after running the System Update Wizard (Adept Updater) for a full update. I have no idea what it actually updated though. I guess I should watch it a little closer.

Solution: Delete the kickerrc file (from /home/%user%/.kde/share/config) and then restart the system. The default kicker will load in all of its beauty.

Re: Crashing kicker with solution

Hey, thanks for writing the post!

I hosed my kicker after fiddling around with the K Menu: it crashes every time I boot X.
    I figure I need to re-install the default kicker and start over again, but I don't know where the configuration file is and what it's called.  I do now.

It worked a treat. I got the default KDE kicker back. Now I can re-customise it!

Thanks again for the post man!

Comment

Working...
    X