Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Compile and Install Compiz-Fusion (from git)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Compile and Install Compiz-Fusion (from git)

EDIT: Due to a majour core change since yesterday (6th of August 2007) you can no longer compile the git version of compiz on Ubuntu so you will have to use compiz 0.5.2 with newer versions of everything else, yes you still get the cool plugins and stuff

Ok it took me 2/3 days of messing about to finally perfect the method of getting compiz fusion on my machine. Compiz fusion is installed to /opt/Ace2016 so that the beryl/compiz/emerald you already have will not be messed with it also includes the shift plugin for compiz which is the vista like switcher and the fusion-icon for the system tray. I also tested it on xgl (with nvidia drivers)

http://ace2016.net/tutorials/linux/h...-compiz-fusion

Any feedback would be great

Re: How to Compile and Install Compiz-Fusion (from git)

Who needs it? What extra functionality does it provide?

As far as I can see, it's just a very laborious way of replacing the four little squares in the KDE Panel (etc for other desktop environments).

Comment

Only someone who has not run compiz and taken the time to set it up to their liking would say something like that 

Edit: debian testing has an xvb enabled libx11

Comment

EDIT: Due to a majour core change since yesterday (6th of August 2007) you can no longer compile compiz-fusion on Ubuntu or Debian!!
        Hmm - what that mean ? Do you have link for more info ?
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

I asked on irc, and i was told that k/ubuntu does not have an xcb enabled xorg which is needed for the latest versions of compiz.

Comment

Thank you for the info.

I did find this:
            http://pastebin.ca/649679
            XCB dependency added to compiz. Unfortunately that means that compiz-git will no longer build, because it requires something that most distributions don't actually have (Confirmed distros : Fedora and Ubuntu). You will have to use version 0.5.2. We are negotiating with the compiz upstream developers on what to do about this.
            Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
            1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
            2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

OK fixed it, it should work ok now

You can use compiz 0.5.2 with all the new plugins and stuff, including the vista switcher, so far no plugins seem to use features in the git version of compiz so it should work ok for a bit

Comment

Working...
              X