This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not receiving forum notifications.

When checking today's posts on the forum I saw there had been replies to threads I am subscribed to for which I had not received email notifications. After checking that my email and notification settings were correct in my forum profile I checked the spam folder in my gmail account and found the notifications. I marked them as "Not Spam". So if you stop getting notifications, check your spam folder. I know this is routine for most on this forum but I thought it worth mentioning.

Detonate:

I have found this same behavior with Thunderbird this past few weeks where I use it to access my AOL mail account (and a few gmail accounts as well). I am carefully flagging the messsages as 'not junk', but Thunderbird is taking a long time to learn.... Maybe I better start looking at my gmail settings as well.

Frank.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

I noticed the same behavior with Thunderbird and gmail. I reviewed the package history in the Muon Package Manager and discovered I installed an update on 4/9/13.

This was for thunderbird (17.04+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1, 17.0.5+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1)

This hasn't happened again since I flagged the messages as 'not junk.
      sigpic

Comment

I also use TB, but in my case the messages were being flagged by gmail. Once I moved them from the gmail spam folder back to the inbox by marking them as "Not Spam" TB had no problem downloading them to the TB inbox.

Comment

Detonate:

I also use TB, but in my case the messages were being flagged by gmail. Once I moved them from the gmail spam folder back to the inbox by marking them as "Not Spam" TB had no problem downloading them to the TB inbox.
          Aha. OK, time to dust off the GMail web interface and go in and do some work....

Frank.

Comment

Thanks - wondered where mine had got to as well but was to lazy to check. It was Gmail throwing all kubuntu msgs into spam. Wonder what brought that on.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate View Post
              Yeah this happened to me recently too. I just selected them, marked them not as spam and since then I've had no issues. I guess the filter "learned."

Comment

blackpaw:

It was Gmail throwing all kubuntu msgs into spam. Wonder what brought that on.
                Not sure, but AOL Mail is doing the same thing.

Frank.

Comment

Working...
                X