X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Mouse Occassional Locks with Kubuntu 5.10

Hi,

I've been running Kubuntu 5.10 for about four weeks now and I have been experiencing an issue with my USB mouse locking up several times a day. I can resolve the issue by simply unplugging my mouse and plugging it back in, but I would like to resolve the root cause if possible.

Has anyone else experienced this?

My hardware is pretty normal: ASUS A7V333, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB ATA133 HD, GeForce MX 440, USB Mouse, PS/2 Keyboard.

I will keep digging around through my system logs to see if I can find any hints that might point to the root cause of this issue. If I figure anything out I'll post it here for the next person.

Thanks,

John

Re: USB Mouse Occassional Locks with Kubuntu 5.10

I have the same bug, and I think it comes from a recent upgrade. This bug was definitely not there when I first installed Kubuntu 5.10. I have so far solved it by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and "End current session" and then logging in again. I'll try unplugging the mouse instead the next time it happens - that would make life much easier.

Edit: I think I know what it is. Have you installed VLC or any additional video/audio codecs recently?

Comment

Hi KDE-fan,

Thanks for the information. I do not remember specifically installing VLC or any additional video/audio codecs, but they might have gotten installed as part of another package. I will check tonight when I get home and let you know what I find.

Comment

My USB mouse hasn't locked a single time since I posted my last message... Seems like my problem got solved all by itself.

Comment

Working...
        X