This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug or oversight - sort of silly

I ran into a huge problem last night/this morning. It turned out that my Kubuntu 6.06 didn't have KDE fully installed.

The reason it didn't have KDE fully installed was because the sources.list file had only Ubuntu sources in it. In other words a Gnome desktop.

I looked around the net and found a few Kubuntu sources, and using these fixed my problem *and* gave me full functionality.

The only Kubuntu repositories I can find on the Kubuntu.com website are "bleeeding edge" ones. I used those. It is not mentioned in any of the guides or the Viki that you need kde and Subunit repositories, or where to get them.

I filed a bug report, and doubt that anything will be done since it's more of an oversight than a bug.

Does anyone know what repositories we should be using? What should we use if we want to upgrade to Edgy? Is there someone whop could post these and make a sticky?

Thank you very much!

Re: Bug or oversight - sort of silly

Hi,

You shouldn't need any specific kubuntu repos as kubuntu is using ubuntu repos...
    You can make a search like this :
    apt-cache policy kubuntu-desktop
    kubuntu-desktop:
    Installed: 1.22
    Candidate: 1.22
    Version table:
    *** 1.22 0
    500 http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com edgy/main Packages
    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

So as you can see kubuntu-desktop is in fr.archive.ubuntu.com, which is a ubuntu repos

Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
    X