X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Font mismatch between local and root apps at 96 dpi

Not sure what to do about this...

I created an .Xresources file in my home directory with "xft.dpi:96" in order to set everything to 96 dpi when I logged in. This meant I had to change my font settings to make everything look right. The problem is, there seems to be no way to change the font settings of any application that runs as root, specifically Adept, which causes all text in apps running as root to display at ridiculously large levels.

In other distros where this occurs (like Xandros or Mepis) I'd just log in as root so I could fire up kcontrol, and change all the font settings in the root account to the same levels. This caused any root applications to display correctly. But I can't log in as root in kubuntu, and what's more while using sudo kcontrol *does* give me admin access to most settings, it still shows the font settings for my local account.

Anyone know how to fix this? It's a very minor thing but it's driving me up the wall.

Re: Font mismatch between local and root apps at 96 dpi

Just fixed my own problem, so I thought I'd post the solution here.

Open up a terminal and type

xhost +
    Then type

kdesu kcontrol
    This brings up kcontrol with full root access, and you can then change the fonts for root applications from there.

Comment

Working...
    X