X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amarok freeze

My amarok freezes
    Every time to start it I need to delete .kde/share/config/amarokrc then it starts, but the next time I need to redo config or it freezes, it has someting to do with gstreamer? since I use it has default engine? or there is something I miss?

Re: amarok freeze

I had the same problems.  And I remember having similar problems when moving to 5.04 some time ago.  The kubuntu maintainers seem to be very fond of playing with the latest-and-greatest video software.  Naturally, this yields not always the most stable solutions -- which beginners (and others) might prefer. 

One solution to the problem might be to get read of the gstreamer code alltogether and use xine which works just fine.

So, say "apt-get install kaffeine-xine amarok-xine" to get the packages.  In case you never have installed xine before you might want to get the win32 codecs.  They are described in the RestrictedFormats page https://wiki.ubuntu.com//RestrictedFormats

After that you tell your players to ignore gstreamer (with kaffeine it's Settings > Player Engine > kaffeine).

Have fun!

Matthias

Comment

Re: amarok freeze

Originally posted by ra1n
      My amarok freezes
      Are you using 1.3.1? I'm on breezy and KDE 3.5 with no problems.

I would try what mh said and switch engines to Xine. That's what I use. The 5.1 sound is killer. In fact, I set KDE to play a special wave file every time I open this app, "Flawless victory!"

Also,

1. Does it hang while playing a song or in normal browsing as well? Any discernable patterns?
      2. Does it hang for internet streaming only or local files as well?
      3. What do you mean by "redo config"? Delete it then first then fire up amarok?

Comment

Working...
      X