X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iso files

Hello,
    I was using Ubuntu long time but lately i thought that KDE is better that gnom and i wanted to install Kubuntu. But there is one problem. I was trying to download ISO (kubuntu 5.10) from Kubuntu/downloads page with Firefox (two times) and no way. Then i thought that maybe it's something wrong with mozilla and i started downloading with aget in command line. And only 74% wass succesful. Then i found a ISO in ubuntu/download but the name of Iso is different. In name is -rc- what does it mean?

(sorry 4 bad english )

Re: Iso files

ok i found on forum what is RC
    http://kubuntuforums.net/index.php?topic=347.0

but still i don't know what wiil be differences beetwen RC and official download
    ??

Comment

RC means it's the release candidate.
      If you want to download now it's better to do the final version.
      By the way the servers at kubuntu have problems at the moment because everybody are trying to download.
      At the moment it's best to use bittorrent.

Comment

Originally posted by tflovik
        RC means it's the release candidate.
        If you want to download now it's better to do the final version.
        By the way the servers at kubuntu have problems at the moment because everybody are trying to download.
        At the moment it's best to use bittorrent.
        rc stands for release candidate. Make sure you're downloading the official release. Also I read in this forum that servers were not up-to-date earlier today? I guess the best thing to do is to wait for a few hours more

Comment

Working...
        X