This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot set Qt style for GTK appliacations

I have installed gtk2-engines-gtk-qt, but I have problems setting "Qt" style for GTK applications.

If I want to do it from Konqueror settings:/LookNFeel/, I cannot start "GTK styles and fonts" - GNOME icon is juping for 40 seconds, but no application is started finally.

I have also tried to do it with "System Settings" in K-menu - there I cannot find "Qt" - it only offers me "Raleigh"

Anybody else having same problems? Can I just edit some config file to set it to "Qt"?

Re: Cannot set Qt style for GTK appliacations

Interesting: I have set it to Raleigh and Logout/Login again and now it has shown me "Qt". But From Konqueror it still does not work (does not get started).

Comment

With your technique i have the good font now but it's still ugly.
      OpenOffice is working great whereas it used not to work in previous version of 5.10.

Comment

>>If I want to do it from Konqueror settings:/LookNFeel/, I cannot start "GTK styles and fonts" - GNOME icon is
        >> juping for 40 seconds, but no application is started finally.

I open it typing this in a console:

$ sudo kcontrol

You must enter your password, then go to Appearance & Themes> Gtk Styles and fonts.

Best regards,
        Jose

Comment

Originally posted by jairbubbles
          With your technique i have the good font now but it's still ugly.
          OpenOffice is working great whereas it used not to work in previous version of 5.10.
          Well yet another bug
          And in my case... When I open it from System Settings, the windows is not maximized. When I try to maximize it, it actually makes the resize and the window fits on screen, but the contents stay the same...
          All I can say is:
          So, so, so many bugs!

Going back to my lovely Slack

Comment

I used to use slack, is to compplicated, yu have to create packages and compile
            to much trouble, try arabian linux

Comment

Working...
            X