This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of bug questions

Almost got Kubuntu to a stable state. Only a couple of annoying bugs.

1) Sometimes, not always,  when I end a session I get "cannot talk to Klauncher" which is sometimes, but again not always,  accompanied by KDE Panel (kicker) crashed and caused the signal 11 (Sigsegv).

2) Konqueror opens three instances (windows) on auto insert of a DVD containing .avi files. Can I just turn off auto-insert and how would I do this?

3) Mplayer won't change aspect ratio or go full screen on .avi files (I know this is an Mplayer issue but I thought I'd ask here while I was at it).

I am new to Linux so I know that it takes some tweaking, so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Wad

Re: Couple of bug questions

Originally posted by Wad
    Almost got Kubuntu to a stable state. Only a couple of annoying bugs.

1) Sometimes, not always, when I end a session I get "cannot talk to Klauncher" which is sometimes, but again not always, accompanied by KDE Panel (kicker) crashed and caused the signal 11 (Sigsegv).

Hi Wad

Try the KDE 3.5.1 packages (see the link in kubuntu.org main page) - This version fixes a but that sounds a lot like what you describe ...

Comment

Originally posted by Wad
      3) Mplayer won't change aspect ratio or go full screen on .avi files (I know this is an Mplayer issue but I thought I'd ask here while I was at it).
      Try VLC, it's better.
      <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Thanks Imilano,

Upgraded to KDE 3.5.1. and all is well. I'll also try VLC... Nirvana! In Windows I always used a program called 'Media Player Classic' released under the GNU general public licence, but unfortunately they don't make a version for Linux. The nice thing about the program is you can change the image to any aspect ratio you like which is good for full screen viewing.

Regards,

Wad

Comment

Working...
        X