This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a network printer

When I try to add a network printer with KDE's Add Printer Wizard, a dialog pops up asking me for Network information. There's also a 'scan' option. The scan option wants to scan my local subnet (127.0.0.*:9100). Shouldn't it scan my office's subnet (10.10.0.*)?

Thanks
    -Paul

Re: Adding a network printer

Which version and architecture build of Kubuntu are you using? I have an Intel Core2Duo processor, and first installed the i386 build of Feisty, but later added the amd64 build in a different partition. Under i386, I was able to install a network printer through CUPS with no problem, but I have not tried it yet in the amd64 partition. An old machine that I am phasing out has the i386 Dapper, and it behaved as you described when I tried to add a network printer. It also refused to accept my sudo login in CUPS, although I have been able to other system work on that system for some time.

I also have a HP LJ4MP connected to the parallel port (it's old, but it still does a good job as long as I don't need color). I was able to set this up in both its PS and PCL personalities. It works under i386 Feisty, but not under amd64 Feisty. From the 64 bit partition, sending the test page caused paper to be fed through the printer fairly quickly with only a few marks drawn on each page. I turned the printer off to stop this useless exercise.

Comment

Working...
    X