This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag selection rectangle on desktop - slow

When I drag a selection rectangle on the desktop, as the rectangle gets bigger, the redraw gets slower. If the rectangle is more than a few inches on either side, the redraw can take a few seconds. This makes the rectangle unusable for selecting anything more than 2 or three items on the desktop.

I use the nVidia drivers but have not seen this in some other current distros like Mepis where I use the same drivers.

Thanks
    -Paul

Re: Drag selection rectangle on desktop - slow

maybe instead of drag selecting a few files, hold control, and just click the files you would have other wise drag selected.

Not a very good fix, I know. Maybe it's fixed in the latest KDE? Do you have it? I posted how to update in your other thread if you don't.
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

I have KDE 3.5.0 and it's not fixed. I have tried KDE 3.5.0 under MEPIS, which I am dual booting with kubuntu until I decide which one I like better. The problem does not exist with KDE under MEPIS.

Thanks,
      -Paul

Comment

Maybe this problem was fixed with the latest KDE? http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-351.php
        <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Working...
        X