X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mozilla install fails on Dapper

Greetings -

Over the Solstice holidays I thought "What better way to get into the spirit of the holiday than to upgrade to Dapper?

Perhaps I should be Mr. Scrooge.

In any case, Dapper uninstalled my mozilla browser, mail, composer, calendar, whatever. Dapper lists installation candidates, but won't install. Instead, I get the following message:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    mozilla: Depends: mozilla-browser (= 2:1.7.12-1ubuntu2) but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: mozilla-mailnews (= 2:1.7.12-1ubuntu2) but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: mozilla-psm (= 2:1.7.12-1ubuntu2) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages

If I try to install just mozilla-browser, for example, I get the following:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    mozilla-browser: Depends: libnspr4 (= 2:1.7.12-1ubuntu2) but 2:1.firefox1.4.99+1.5rc3.dfsg-1ubuntu9 is to be installed
    E: Broken packages

Can anyone help me out? Thanks for your help!

Re: Mozilla install fails on Dapper

Hi,

It's because dapper is the alpha version, so don't expect to have all packages available when you apt-get update then apt-get upgrade, you will have often missing packages... Just wait few days, usually they come up
    This is why it's not stable version

Cheers

Comment

Re: Mozilla install fails on Dapper

Also, are you running an AMD-64 class system? I am at work, and firefox 1.5 won't start, even after a manual install. Turns out there's an issue with certain libraries and the 64-bit system. This may be similar to the issues you're having.

Just a thought...
      Joe<br />in Florida

Comment

Working...
      X