X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multimedia Keyboard Supported?

Hi,
    I'm thinking of switching from gentoo to kubuntu because I just don't have time to fight with setting over the school year. But first I would like to find out if my whole keyboard is supported. It is a Logitech LX700 wireless keyboard and mouse combo with a lot of fancy buttons. It seems that there is too many of them and the default xorg can't assign keycodes to all of them. But I have found a patch that makes it possible to map all of them on the gentoo forums. I'm wondering if such a thing exists for kubuntu too and if it is in the default install. I'm downloading the LiveCD now and I'll see how it detects the keyboard.

Re: Multimedia Keyboard Supported?

try the live cd

Comment

I don't have the same model as yours, But Kubuntu support my Logitech Wireless multimedia keyboard/mouse. I think is a internet navigator pro keyboard, I can confirm you the exact model in evening (I'm in office right now ).
      cheers!
      -=|From the desk of|=-
      «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
      «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
      «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
      Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

Hmm, I tried the LiveCD and some keys were not working. But that might have just been a problem with the configuration, so I'll go ahead with installing kubuntu anyways and see what happens.

Comment

Weird thing I experienced: Gnome (Ubuntu) recognized my multimedia keys, but KDE (Kubuntu) did not.
          Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

I also have multimeda logitech keyboard and would like to know how to enable those extra keys.

Comment

me too. is there a good howto thread on this for Kubuntu? I saw one mentioning it for Ubuntu on the Ubuntuforums, but am searching through here and haven't found it (yet).

Comment

Yeah, Ubuntu recognized my keyboard right away and I was bummed when Kubuntu didn't. With how easy it was to fix I am willing to bet it won't be a problem in 6.04. Anyways here is the fix

Open up Terminal
                Type
                mark@madlinux:~$ cd /usr/share/X11
                mark@madlinux:/usr/share/X11$ sudo ln -s /ext/X11/xkb xkb

Open System Settings and click on Regional and Accessibilities
                Click on Keyboard Layout
                Check the Enable Keyboard Layout from the drop down menu select your keyboard.

Hope that fixes everything for you

Comment

Working...
                X