This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storage Media

there should be all the avivable hard drive partitions, to see the free space

partitions that are not in fstab, should be avivable as hidden files, and when you try to open them, they should open a wissanrd or the menu for that in kcontrol

Re: Storage Media

I had a little trouble running your post through my enigma filter.  Could you help me out here bro?

avivable? Did you mean available? wissanrd? wizzard?

If so, and correct me if I'm wrong, I think the "storage media" access is just for removable media? I like your idear since the subtitle does say, "Disks and removable media".  For some strange reason, only a floppy icon shows up on mine (and not cdroms, et cetera that aren't mounted as well).

So, I like your wizzard idea as a kcontrol menu option. Until then, you might be interested in filelight (if you don't already know)...

sudo apt-get install filelight

...you want something like the left image integrated in konqueror for the "storage media" section, right?

Comment

Re: Storage Media

cdrom icons apear when you insert an icon

and you can configure fstab on control center, but normal users dont go to control center to configure hard drives, they just whant to make doble click

ant on kcontrol, you sould be able to enable dma, because is disabled by default for cdrom

and final users dont whant to edit /etc/hdparm

kde is improving a lot, but still need a lot of work

Comment

Working...
      X