This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drivers

hmm i might be posting this in the wrong section, but it is the squeeky wheel that gets the grease... so i feel a need to squeek

is there anyway that broadcom wifi chips can get native driver support built into the OS... there are a large number of us having problems with broadcom chips... maybe it is broadcom whoring themselves out to the windows pimp, but i really want to be able to use Kubunto on my laptop... and Ndiswrapper aint working for this either... (we might be the idiots there tho)

i dont want to annoy anyone... just trying to get kubunto working... i love it other than the no internet or email issues!!!

Re: drivers

I wish I could tell you that there was native linux support for Broadcom Wireless chips but there doesn't seem to be - yet. The thing about the Ndiswrapper thing is that sometimes different versions of Ndiswrapper are more glitchy then others. If the native ubuntu ndiswrapper build isn't working for you, you might want to try building the newest 1.5 version and installing that instead. I am using the latest version of Ndiswrapper 1.5 with my broadcom "BCM4306" wireless chip and it works great.

Hopefully one of these days the linux community will get the Broadcom Wireless chip documentation from the manufacturer but intil then ndiswrapper will have to do.

Comment

Working...
    X