cheers!
    -=|From the desk of|=-
    «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
    «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
    «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
    Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

Re: Simplified Konqueror

it isn't it's a siggestion, but if you know how to have the default profile, please tell me

Comment

Open konqueror > Settings > load default view profile ?
        cheers!
        -=|From the desk of|=-
        «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
        «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
        «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
        Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

it's not avivable

Comment

I noticed the same thing on my Breezy system.

There is no option to load a profile anywhere in the default menu structure.

I would like to create a different file manager profile (to have the folder tree display in a left-hand pane by default) but I can't see where to do that.

Comment

I too would appreciate it if the default profile were included. I'm all for keeping things simple for the button-phobic, but don't cut the rest of us off in the process.

That said, I've figured how to partially put Konqueror back to normal.

First, right-click Kicker and select "Configure Panel" (depending on what part of the panel you click, this might be on a submenu). Change to the "Menus" tab and enable the "Konqueror Profiles" menu. Now there will be a submenu on the K menu that will let you launch Konqueror with different profiles. Unfortunately, the "Kubuntu File Manager" (the simplified profile) actually overrides the default profile, so you still can't change to the default profile.

Step two, launch Konq with the "Kubuntu File Manager" profile. Now select Settings > Save Profile. Even though the menu text implies that it will just save the current profile, you'll actually get the profile management dialog. Just click save, or you can rename the profile if you like. This creates a local copy of the profile in your home directory.

Now navigate to "~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/profiles". There should be a text file there called "filemanagement". This is the local copy of the profile we just created. Open it with Kate and find the line "XMLUIFile=konq-kubuntu.rc". Change it to "XMLUIFile=konqueror.rc".

Close Konqueror, and open it again. It still doesn't seem to be configured exactly like the screenshots on kde.org, and it still may not have all the menu items it's supposed to, but it's closer. The toolbars can be reconfigured by right-clicking on them, I don't know how to fix any deficiencies that might remain in the menus. I know the menu definitions are stored in "~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror.rc" (if it's not there, reconfigure the toolbar and it'll be created), but I don't know what edits might be needed. Maybe someone with more experience can help out; I've only been using Linux and KDE for a couple of weeks now.

BTW, most of the Kubuntu-specific config tweaks appear to be located under "/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share".

Comment

Originally posted by Ryukage
                <snipy>
                Wow you did all that?

Could of read the FAQ first:

http://kubuntu.org/faq.php#konqueror

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick
                  Originally posted by Ryukage
                  <snipy>
                  Wow you did all that?

Could of read the FAQ first:

http://kubuntu.org/faq.php#konqueror
                  I did read the FAQ, but that question and answer were apparently added after I read it.

Comment

sudo rm -r /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/apps/konqueror
                    sudo cp /usr/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror-orig.rc /usr/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror.rc

Comment

Working...
                    X