This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept and remove packages

adept dont have an optrion to remove cached packages, is verry important for new users

Re: Adept and remove packages

Right click on an Installed package > Choose Remove package > then press Commit changes
    cheers!
    -=|From the desk of|=-
    «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
    «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
    «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
    Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

Adept,
      Still falls very short and I suggest using it to install Synaptic and use that.
      Regards<br />Matchless<br /><br />Proudly kubuntu!

Comment

I hate to be rude but I just don't get adept.

I love Kubuntu but I can't imagine using anything but synaptic for managing my deb packages. It is perfect.

I don't understand why we are remaking the wheel here. I know this is my personal preference but I am really surprised that no-one has just ported synaptic over to qt.
        I was hoping that kynaptic was going to be that but it wasn't.

anyway I am done ranting. Just wondering out loud.

Comment

I think people use Adept because it's better integrated (visually speaking) with the KDE desktop. I happen to think that's a dumb reason to use it (when I'm in KDE, I always use Synaptic), but I think that's why people like it... I think.
          Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by mikeycal
            I hate to be rude but I just don't get adept.
            Actually I hate both adept and synaptic. I always use apt-get from console.
            cheers!
            -=|From the desk of|=-
            «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
            «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
            «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
            Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

So do I , It's so good to see everything what's going on more than clicking and have to use to few different interfaces...

Comment

Originally posted by sky
                So do I , It's so good to see everything what's going on more than clicking and have to use to few different interfaces...
                In Synaptic and Adept, you can see everything that's going on. I always enable the option to view the scrolling text.
                Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

The fact of the matter is that if you really know what you are doing just using Apt-Get from console is optimal -- that is all I use for the servers I maintain.

But the great thing about synaptic is I put it on my sisters laptop and for the first time she was able to install, unistall, and update all her linux software without any additional guidence-- that says alot.

Everything in synaptic is setup so well that you can use it with without a hassle.

Who knows maybe adept will be much better at the next release.

Comment

Working...
                  X