This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation menu cannot be displayed on CLE266 graphics controller

We are trying to install Kubuntu 5.10 onto a PC with Via 733 MHz CPU with onboard CLE266 graphics controller, shared memory to graphics controller 64 MB.

When booted up from the installation CD, it asks for type of installation, when we hit ENTER, instead of the language selection and other oprtiosn menus, a weird display comes up as the software cannot correctly handle the graphics adapter. Please have a look at the picture
    Attached Files

Re: Installation menu cannot be displayed on CLE266 graphics controller

It's amazing, it didn't see such picture from long time... Seems to be frequency which is not supported by your monitor (or graphic card) I had this lot of times few years ago.
    I really don't know how to fix it before to launch install maybe in expert mode... But not sure.

Does anybody know ?

Sorry that I couldn't help. I will check

Comment

I doubt that the display freq. is not supported since this syetm can run Windows XP Professional with LCD refrest rate 60 Hz without any problem.

How to install in expert mode then solve the problem? Any idea what the problem is? And from Kubutnu or Ubuntu team who can I inform about this instalaltion issue?

Comment

I found something speaking about starting option. Sorry It's infrench.
        When you are pressing "enter" to start install, look around with F2 and others, there should be an option to type :

svga= and then "enter"

I never had to use it so I don't know how it works, but maybe it will fix...
        There's also other option like noapic, noacpi, ... but this first two one don't seem to be for your trouble...

I you understand french, it's there :
        http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=14516 (Post of clair of 2005-10-13)

If you want to inform, I think you should open a bug, if it doesn't exist already on :
        http://bugzilla.ubuntu.com/

Hope it helped

Comment

Working...
        X