This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: any one try Xubuntu?

if you check the dell site with your service code on the back of your machine you can look up the original config for the machine. I am running Kubuntu with xfce on a latitude and it runs really well. Yours might be a little different

Comment

Originally posted by aysiu
      It's slick, fast, and beautiful.

It has no trash can. It doesn't have as many options as KDE.
      Do you think there's any way to configure a trash can? I saw someone post a method that creates a "Send to Basket" option on the right-click menu, but if you delete it gets erased straight, and they didn't give any details on how to change the Delete function to just send it to the basket.

(Sorry if this was considered an old topic that shouldn't be touched)

Comment

Well, this thread is a little old. There have been some improvements since July 2006. There is now a trash can. There still aren't as many configuration options as KDE, but I'd say Xubuntu is more or less fully functional.
        Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by immrlizard
          if you check the dell site with your service code on the back of your machine you can look up the original config for the machine. I am running Kubuntu with xfce on a latitude and it runs really well. Yours might be a little different

Hmmm the Dell site is not that easy to use...or perhaps I'm simply dense tonight. Will you explain how I search that site?
          Norman

Comment

im running xubuntu on one of my computers and it has a trash bin.

Comment

Working...
            X