X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Tray Widget not responding

Heyhey,

I'm having issues with my KDE Plasma 5.10.2 task bar, the system tray widget to be more precise. A click on the arrow is registered, but the submenu does not open.

As you can see, other system tray items are not showing up when I click the arrow (and there are some). I've been having similar issues with the plasmashell lately such as the application launcher not opening (I have to kill and restart it every now and then), but unlike those other issues, I haven't found a (temporary) fix for this one. I've looked into the syslog and KSystemLog, but haven't found anything out of the ordinary. I've also tried reinstalling plasma-desktop, but to no avail.

Any idea how to fix this?

What Desktop Theme are you using? Try changing to the default?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Why is there a scrollbar on the right side of your desktop? Perhaps if you scroll down the notification panel will appear.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

The scrollbar is part of a browser window that was open.
        Switching to the default desktop theme didn't change anything, unforunately.

Comment

My first thought was that the display setting was too large (zoomed in, in effect). What is your resolution set at?
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

My resolution is 1920x1080. I put it on a very low resolution to see if that's the issue, but unfortunately to no avail.

Comment

Looks to me likes it's opening but it's going the wrong direction or is transparent.

I would start by creating a second user and logging in as that user. All the settings would be defaults, so that would show if it was a userspace or system issue. Assuming the second user has the same issue, move the taskbar to a different side of the screen and see if it works the same.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X