This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folders move so I can't drag and drop files

I drag and drop files from the main file window to the folder window. Some times, the folders will scroll up or down when I put the mouse over it and I can't drop it into the folder I want. I can get around this, but I'd like to know if there is a setting that will stop from jumping around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dolphin.png
Views:	142
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	659429

This happens in the file window when the mouse nears the edge of the window. It's "helping" you [rolls eyes]. To make it even more annoying, it's inconsistent. Sometimes it scrolls the window, sometimes not. It seems there's a very small area along the edge that if you pause the mouse there, the window scrolls most of the time.

Not sure if the folder window works the same way as I don't use it.

Are you sure you're describing your issue correctly? The pic you attached shows only 5 folders and no scroll bar at all. It shouldn't scroll at all as there's no where to scroll to.

Please Read Me

Comment

It happens when the Folder window has multiple sub-folders open and I drag over a dozen files or so. Soon as the mouse pointer hovers over the directory I want to drop in, it moves either up or down. I move the mouse and the folder tree moves again. I have to stop and re-arrange the folder tree or copy-paste the files over. It's just an annoyance I've suffered with for years.

Comment

Well, you could use split-view and open the folder you want as the target folder.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yea there are a couple of ways to do it, but I just want to do it my way. You know it's just one of those little frustrations in life that don't really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred47 View Post
            It happens when the Folder window has multiple sub-folders open...
            That would be cool, how do you do that? By "Folder window" do you mean a dolphin window? If not, what?
            Regards, John Little

Comment

• oshunluvr
              oshunluvr commented
              Editing a comment
              Hit F7

It's like the Places folder but only show the folders of the selected directory instead of all file systems/devices.

Originally posted by jlittle View Post

That would be cool, how do you do that? By "Folder window" do you mean a dolphin window? If not, what?
            It is the optional Folders sidebar panel thingy. I can't reproduce this on Plasma 5.23.5, Dolphin 21.12.0 but I may be doing it wrong

Comment

• oshunluvr
              oshunluvr commented
              Editing a comment
              It does do it here (same versions as you), but it does it just like I described earlier in the Files panel. If you hover over a folder in the Folders panel for a few seconds - the first level of subfolders in the folder will open. Once you have enough open to overflow the panel, a scroll bar appears on the right. Then the mouse will cause scrolling when you're hovering a file close to the top or bottom. However, this is a feature not a bug.

I dislike it as much Fred does, but I live with it.

It would be great if it was tune-able - like scroll speed and sensitivity - or one had the option to shut it off.

Sorry, I'd forgotten there was a "Folders" panel . I get about a one second delay before the panel scrolls, which is enough for me.

If I'm doing that kind of move I use either the split view, or multiple dolphin windows; for work I typically have five or six dolphin windows, most of which have a split view.
            Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
            X