This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blurry systray icons

Switched from Ubuntu to Kubuntu 19.04 yesterday, and among overall positive impressions, got one minor but unpleasant drawback.

Icons of skype, slack, and thunderbird are blurred in systray:

Tried to search for explanation and solution, but no luck...

Breeze Chameleon icon theme solves the issue for skype and slack, but not for thunderbird:

Comment

But half of icons in start menu disappeared after icon theme installation:

Comment

Well, maybe that theme isn't all that good... ;·)

I can't really help, but you can set your own icons for applications by right-clicking on the Application Launcher and choosing Edit Applications.
        For each app with a missing icon - or one you want to change - click on the icon for it (top right corner).
        Typing kmenuedit will open the app editor too.

Comment

Blurriness is usually a resolution issue. Icons are created by the app developer in many cases. If you can find the Icon file, it's probably 22x22 or something like that. I've re-created Icons or downloaded higher res version in the past when I encounter ones that don't scale well. SVG icons are better because scaling is built in.

As far as missing icons, Don is likely spot on. Your theme - and many don't - doesn't have all the icons you want and the developer didn't bother to at least include the defaults in the theme file. Again, you can remedy this yourself or find a better made theme.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X