Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromium browser keeps screen on all the time - prevents screen power saving

I'm having a devil of a time finding a solution for this. Part of the problem is every search I've done gets me the opposite results of what I'm searching for.

The issue is Chromium, if left open, will not allow my screen to shut off when the computer is not in use. It may be a specific tab that I have open, but I really don't care - I want the screen to power down after 10 minutes of inactivity whether Chromium is open or not. It seems most people want the opposite for watching videos or whatever.

What I currently have to do is to remember to close Chromium when I leave my desk. Which is annoying and dumb IMO.

I tried setting DPMS to on but that made no difference. I suppose it's powerdevil that's controlling the screen power. I'm hoping there's a way to configure what programs inhibit monitor power switching and what won't.

I looked at systemd, but nothing seems out of the ordinary:
    Code:
    stuart@office:~$ systemd-inhibit --list     Who: UPower (UID 0/root, PID 1425/upowerd)
        What: sleep
         Why: Pause device polling
        Mode: delay

Who: Screen Locker (UID 1000/stuart, PID 1600/ksmserver)
         Why: Ensuring that the screen gets locked before going to sleep

Who: PowerDevil (UID 1000/stuart, PID 1692/org_kde_powerde)
        What: handle-power-key:handle-suspend-key:handle-hibernate-key:handle-lid-switch
         Why: KDE handles power events
        Mode: block

Who: NetworkManager (UID 0/root, PID 1197/NetworkManager)
         Why: NetworkManager needs to turn off networks

Who: ModemManager (UID 0/root, PID 1165/ModemManager)
         Why: ModemManager needs to reset devices

5 inhibitors listed.
    This is a desktop PC so my habit is to leave it powered on all the time, but have the screen sleep when I'm not at my desk.

Please Read Me

Do you have any add-ons or such, in Chromium, that would be doing something/anything that would be interpreted as 'activity'?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X