X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Unusable partition made with KdePM

Hello guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this thread, but since I didn't find better here I am.
    Today I've made a partition through Kde's app, following the official manual. After the process I have two partitions:

The problem is that when I get inside the new partition, I can't make a folder or copy anything inside of it.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
    A.

Well for one thing the highlighted partition doesn't have a mount point, and so it's not mounted.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Actually it is. After a relaunch it is mounted with an interesting path:

Any idea how to mounth it properly?

Comment

That shows you mounted it with Dolphin like it would a USB drive.

You need to create a permanent mount point and put an entry in fstab so it's mounted like a hard drive partition should be. The "normal" place to mount a hard drive is in /mnt/

Please Read Me

Comment

Thank you very much, fixed!

Comment

Great. BTW, since you're new-ish. You'll notice your new partition being ext4 will have 5% reserved for use for root and userspace functions. Since this is a secondary partition - not your install partition - you don't need the reserved space.

To see what I mean, open a terminal and type:

sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda3 | grep "Reserved block count"

I assumed your new ext4 partition is sda3 - use the correct device name if it's different.

You should get output showing a large number of reserved blocks. Then do:

df -h

to see how much used and free space is on sda3. Now do:

sudo tune2fs -m 0 /dev/sda3

and then do the first two commands again. You should see the number of reserved blocks has been reduced to 0 and the amount of free space has increased. Since your install partition (sda2) is so large, you could adjust it downward to 1% and free up 8-9GB there too.

Please Read Me

Comment

Also, I marked the thread as "Solved" for you. Next time you can do it yourself by going to the first post in the thread and selecting "Thread tools" pull down menu on the right.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X