This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] BUG. Default panel is transparent at bottom

The default Kubuntu panel is break. See images...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180729_082736.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	649357 and Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180729_082755.png
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	649358

The bottom line is transparent and if I click on the transparent part the buttons do not respond.

I have tried to remove the panel or move it from position without results.

- Kubuntu 18.04 updated.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by alguien; Aug 06, 2018, 09:51 AM. Reason: Mark as solved

Try creating a new panel and see if this happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bings View Post
      Try creating a new panel and see if this happens again.
      I have already tried eliminating, adding, moving, creating, empty by omission, everything basic.

Comment

Is that with the widgets locked?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Is that with the widgets locked?
          It is the same locked or unlocked

Name:	Screenshot_20180729_113424.png
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	643943
          Last edited by alguien; Jul 30, 2018, 07:45 AM. Reason: image stored locally

Comment

Try changing your desktop theme.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
              Try changing your desktop theme.
              No basic system preference solve this. Changing themes, colors, rebooting, changing again... always have the same results.

Name:	Screenshot_20180730_102834.png
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	643941 and Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180730_102825.png
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	643942 .

Can someone help me publish an issue/bug in the correct way? I do not know how.

Comment

Have you tried another user account? Create an addition user and see if the issue is stil there. if so, we'll know it's your personal settings not the system.

I've never seen this reported before, which might explain the lack of replies.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by alguien View Post
                  ... Changing themes... always have the same results.
                  It's definitely the theme. The trouble is in almost all of them the panel is transparent, and there's not many. I haven't found one I like that is not, but IIRC I did find one.
                  Can someone help me publish an issue/bug in the correct way? I do not know how.
                  I don't think it's a bug, unless <rant mode=bitter>mindless fad following by GUI developers </rant> is a bug. What we'd like is a good theme editor so we could turn off obnoxious features like this. However, in plasma 5 in theory it's all in QML (Qt modelling language, sort of a cross between CSS and javascript), so someone somewhere knows how to fix it.

I work around it by using autohide and a wallpaper that is a good background for the panel.

Regards, John Little
                  Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                    Have you tried another user account? Create an addition user and see if the issue is stil there. if so, we'll know it's your personal settings not the system.
                    Perfect! It is definitely my personal settings..
                    The reason is that I have moved from Ubuntu 18.04, and most of my applications configurations have simply been copied and pasted.

Could you list in which folders and files are the configuration files that can affect the environment?

Comment

Originally posted by alguien View Post
                      Perfect! It is definitely my personal settings...
                      ...Could you list in which folders and files are the configuration files that can affect the environment?
                      Uh, no not really. The typical response is to delete the .kde folder in your home but there may be other things effecting it.

I suggest making a backup of all the hidden folders in your home, then log out of the GUI and log into the text console (CTRL-ALT-F1), then delete your .kde folder. When you then log back into the GUI (CTRL-ALT-F7) you should get a default layout. It also could be your .local/share/plasma folder that needs deleting.

Seems weird to me that some other settings were held over from a previous install unless it too was using the KDE/Plasma DE.

You might want to hang on a bit and see if anyone else makes a better suggestion.

Please Read Me

Comment

Finally, I found that among the KDM options there were 2 "Plasma" desktops ... so I opened the other, and it was updated and with the bar fixed.
                        From there, I reopened the environment of the beginning and the problem of the bar was solved.

Now I mysteriously have 2 Plasma environments to choose from before loggin. But all works.

Thank to all!

Comment

Working...
                        X