Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] blocked login.microsoftonline.com ?????

OK, this has been driving me crazy and I can't find where the denial is coming from. login.microsoftonline.com works on all other machines I have and even on the Windows install. However, I cannot get to login.microsoftonline.com on my primary under Linux. All other HTTPS sites work proper. It is only login.microsoftonline.com that will not display.

So, I nslookup login.microsoftonline.com and it seems to give the proper response. If someone can verify. Below is that response.

Pinging login.microsoftonline.com gives the results shown below after the DNSLOOKUP results.

So, I've looked all over the place as to why my system seems to block it. Even created new user with the same results so it seems to be defualt system based. This is in FireFox but occurs even on Chrome. Somewhere on here the system decided to "block" it? Don't know and can't find where to look.

Help!!

Code:
    nslookup login.microsoftonline.com
    Server:         127.0.1.1
    Address:        127.0.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    login.microsoftonline.com       canonical name = login.microsoftonline.com.nsatc.net.
    login.microsoftonline.com.nsatc.net     canonical name = login.aadg.microsoftonline.com.
    login.aadg.microsoftonline.com  canonical name = loginmso.aadg.windows.net.nsatc.net.
    loginmso.aadg.windows.net.nsatc.net     canonical name = www.prdtm.aadg.akadns.net.
    www.prdtm.aadg.akadns.net       canonical name = americas.prdtm.aadg.akadns.net.
    americas.prdtm.aadg.akadns.net  canonical name = www.prd.aadg.akadns.net.
    www.prd.aadg.akadns.net canonical name = www.prd.a.aadg.akadns.net.
    www.prd.a.aadg.akadns.net       canonical name = chi.prd.a.aadg.akadns.net.
    Name:   chi.prd.a.aadg.akadns.net
    Address: 65.52.1.16
    Address: 23.100.72.34
    Address: 65.52.193.138
    Address: 65.52.193.136
    Address: 65.52.193.137
    Address: 65.52.1.17
    Address: 23.100.72.33
    Address: 65.52.1.18
    Code:
    ping -c 10 login.microsoftonline.com
    PING chi.prd.a.aadg.akadns.net (65.52.1.18) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- chi.prd.a.aadg.akadns.net ping statistics ---
    10 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 9072ms

IDK ,,,the login page displays hear ,,,,but I do not get any ping responses ether... to "login.microsoftonline.com"

this on Firefox-57

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

what does nslookup respond with?

Comment

Delete any cookies for login.microsoftonline.com from your browser, close the browser and relaunch it and try again.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Did that multiple times and even just deleted the firefox directory and had it rebuild that. Still, just that one site. It baffles me. I hate to have to reinstall the OS again due to some corrupt file(s) somewhere.

Comment

Do you have that domain assigned to 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Maybe they're sending you a message...

Please Read Me

Comment

Don't really know what adding that would do as you shouldn't have to do that. It resolves fine via NSLOOKUP. Did NSLOOKUP on system at work and same response but unlike my system here, it displays login.microsoftonline.com. Why this system does not really baffles me. There has to be something somewhere but what I can't find. It's not FireFox as Chrome does the same so it is deeper. Just wish I knew where.

Oh well, I guess that is what I'm being told, do a reinstall as I've exhausted my web searches.

Comment

I believe GreyGeek was simply asking if there is an existing entry in /etc/hosts file that relates 127.0.0.1 to login.microsoftonline.com. Simply eliminate a possible cause for your problem before you proceed with a re-install.
                  The next brick house on the left
                  Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

To that respect, no reference to login.microsoftonline.com there or its related IPs.

I did try the original Install of my OS and it displays there so A) I've installed something that is hindering just that one web-site and really can't for the life of me figure what that would be OR B) an update has corrupted something and there too can't figure what that would be. All too specific seeming to me but that is my perspective.

Do appreciate the feedback though.

Comment

Found It!!!!!

So, it is something I have used for a long while on here and never really had any issues. TeamViewer. Some update must have broken that install which is a DEB from TeamViewer themselves. Stopped it and voilà. Really odd as I used it recently no issues and was able to remote too and into with it. Why it only interfered with login.microsoftonline.com is odd but, oh well. Posting this for anyone else.

Comment

Cool!!
                        The next brick house on the left
                        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                          Found It!!!!!

So, it is something I have used for a long while on here and never really had any issues. TeamViewer. Some update must have broken that install which is a DEB from TeamViewer themselves. Stopped it and voilà. Really odd as I used it recently no issues and was able to remote too and into with it. Why it only interfered with login.microsoftonline.com is odd but, oh well. Posting this for anyone else.
                          TeamViewer's daemon, teamviewerd, runs as a process that can only be killed using the kill command in a Konsole or KSysGuard.
                          Perhaps TeamViewer is using a Microsoft account to verify your usage and license rights?
                          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                            . TeamViewer.
                            Thanks for the warning. I can see that hitting me soon.

Regards, John Little
                            Regards, John Little

Comment

Glad it can be of use and why I posted. Never had that issue so odd and I do believe it had to do with some update that TeamViewer relied upon. Reinstalling seems to have solved that issue as I do use it quite a bit. So far all good here. Was driving me insane. Only checked that as it was the only other network using device on here and thought, what the heck, tried everything else. TaDa! Had I not posted here though I wouldn't have gone done that road. It's why I do post here. Everyone's response caused me to think down a different path.

GG, thanks for that tidbit. Didn't really now about that daemon as I always show Own Processes. Don't know how tied into MS they are but I do know it runs in a WINE prefix so may be something to that.

Comment

Working...
                              X