X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE PIM journal export?

Hi
    I'm just posting this to get an idea of what people think about it.

I have always "often" used KDE journal to jot down dated pages of ideas for things like a couple of plays that I have worked on and generally just "printed to file"..it produces a .pdf which in Okular I can use the "select text" function to put the notes into a document.

It was, and is, tedious but ok for what I needed.

I am now using the journal to keep track of things concerning the saltwater aquarium about which I am going to Amazon publish a book for the education crowd.

There was a discussion for the 2007 summer of code about maybe being able to export to the "blog" app.

https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Su...l_Blog_Support

I have fiddled with trying to get Bloglio and the Journal to talk to each other but no go.

So, the question that I'm posing is this...

Does the general KDE user base NOT use the journal function BECAUSE it does not export all of the dates of a journal like the to do list does.

( One can export a date range of todos as ical, vcal or html ).

Or...has noone worked on an export function for the journal because nobody has requested it?

In other words, if the function was present would it be a DRAW for the non-users to actually use KDE PIM?

Has there been discussion on such?

I, personally, think that the synergism of the Journal and Blogilo would be a draw but then that is just me.

Also, having the export to Blogilo function would not NEED the ability to export a date range of journal entries, per se.

I, PERSONALLY, think that probably developers have "moved on" in terms of KDE PIM, what there is, is what there will be.

Especially since the major funtionality of getting it to work with things like the college's e-mail or gmail is ...dunnno...

So...thoughts on the possibility of an increased number of users being generated by a better set of export functions for the journal?

woodjustwonderingsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

My answer, and my opinion, would be "No". Primarily, and again it's just me, one would need to have an interest in the KDE PIM. I lost interest in the KDE PIM some time ago, and ripped it screaming and kicking from my platform. Never to be seen again. To me, it's a useless, intrusive piece of junk.

But that's just me ...
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
      My answer, and my opinion, would be "No". Primarily, and again it's just me, one would need to have an interest in the KDE PIM. I lost interest in the KDE PIM some time ago, and ripped it screaming and kicking from my platform. Never to be seen again. To me, it's a useless, intrusive piece of junk.

But that's just me ...
      Well, tell us how you really feel...LOL

Please Read Me

Comment

Hey
        I respect your opinion but what is that line from the poem...?

In Xandu did Cublai Can build a stately Pallace, encompassing sixteen miles of plaine ground with a wall, wherein are fertile Meddowes, pleasant Springs, delightfull streames, and all sorts of beasts of chase and game, and in the middest thereof a sumptuous house of pleasure, which may be moved from place to place.
        Kontact could have been the stately Pallace...

and guess what...

THE DEVS will not post a reply as to why all of the stately Pallace was...

LEFT ...

JUST DROPPED...

to crumble ...

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
        X